Saturday, November 16, 2013

Too Much Squash


This week I said to Anna Kate,
"I am getting completely sick of squash."
"So am I!" was her reply.


While this pan of squash was roasting in the oven, Nate came home.
"This house smells like pumpkin all the time now," he said.
"I'm not sure I like it."

Sigh.
It's so much work to not waste food.
I have diced, seeded, roasted, boiled, mashed and pureed about 15 squash and pumpkins this year.
They tasted great at first.  The pumpkin bread with cinnamon butter was especially delicious.


Now I'm trying to freeze it or give it away.
If you're hungry for squash soup, come on over.
I've got plenty.

(My recipe for Butternut Squash Soup is under "Dinner and Dessert" in my sidebar. Please forgive the strange font array. I don't know why it does that, it's not how I type it. The secret ingredient is the grated nutmeg on top. I buy whole nutmegs at the Anoka Co-op; they are about 50 cents each).





No comments:

Post a Comment