Saturday, September 15, 2012

Junk Bonanza 2012




Junk Bonanza at Canterbury Park, a visual feast not for the faint of heart.


We went on Friday and it felt crazy crowded, but apparently the day before was much busier.
Here is baby Malachi Jude with me and my friend Amanda.


My favorite booths had focus and simplicity.  I always like the galvanized metal.


Old science diagrams.  These were so cool, but I don't have the wall space.

 

A mirror framed with vintage license plates.


My friend Mary from The Vintage Pixie.  What a lovely lady....and her booth was gorgeous.


Corbels and galvanized metal at Histories, Lee and Tracie's amazing space.


Art is what you place on a pedestal.  Again at Histories.


A Cajun-decorated violin case.   
This reminded me of a favorite book,
 Accordian Crimes, which begins in New Orleans.


Rosalie admiring the pelts. 


The most eye-catching displays were like objects, grouped together.
I love these industrial-looking boxes and cases.


We sort of lost track of time......


Amanda found some metal pieces, and at the last minute, 
I found this wire tree basket.
I am hopeful that my husband will make it into
a cool chandelier.


The jewelry booths are always smokin'.  I think it's because
the antique-y spaces are so overwhelming.  
Here are some of my own necklaces (the pearls)
along with one from Gretchen (the rectangular pendant)
and a new pink bicycle necklace from my friend Carla.
It was great to see her again.


I was on the hunt for the number 5.  Malachi is our 5th child!  These should 
make a great necklace eventually......

Contact Info:
Mimi-Toria's Jewelry: see blog address in my sidebar
For magnet necklace, find Carla at Hit the Road Jack, assorted junking shows
Mary Anderson from The Vintage Pixie sells at Ramshackled Treasures, Zimmerman, MN






No comments:

Post a Comment