Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chocolate-Cranberry Shortbread Cookies


 A few years ago, I let my sister and her friends borrow our house for a party (my house was in the right location), and while they partied, my girls and I escaped to my friend Ruth's house.  She fed us these cookies and I could not stop eating them. My sister's friends are some of my favorite people in the world, and they thanked me handsomely.  But these cookies were a great reward.

Preheat oven to 325.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Beat the above ingredients well, at least 3 or 4 minutes, scraping sides of mixing bowl as needed.

To that mixture, add:
1 cup almond meal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup chopped Craisins, or dried cherries
1 oz. dark chocolate, chopped

Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookies onto parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet.
Dip a glass in sugar, and press each cookie flat.

Bake for a LONG TIME, about 20 min.

If you like, drizzle with melted chocolate when cool.

Hide the cookies, or they will be gone in about 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment